Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Asian American Teachers: Do They Impact the Curriculum? Are There Support Systems for Them?

Ramanathan, H. (2006). Asian American Teachers: Do They Impact the Curriculum? Are There Support Systems for Them?. Multicultural Education, 14(1), 31-35.

Summary:
This study had three goals. They wanted to understand problems Asian Americans might be facing as minority teachers. They wanted to examine any impact Asian-American teachers may have on curriculum and academic experiences at the school building level. Finally, they wanted to identify support systems available to help Asian American teachers implement desired changes. 

Connection to My Research:
As an Asian-American, I didn't really begin explore my past and my culture, really, until college. I lived inside it, obviously, with food and dance and traditions that breathed life into my childhood and young adolescence. On a scholarly level, I didn't encounter Asian-American literature till college. This research stands out to me because it is helping me conduct some introspective research.

No comments:

Post a Comment